Layer order in Composer

Hi,
I am very happy with the result produced so far by the QGIS plugin, although being outside of UK :heart_eyes: I have however the need of a first post on this forum :thinking:
I am using the composer image to produce nice layout in batch map mode, but the symbology from the species layers appears systematically on top of any other layers, although I am managing an other layer order in the canvas (for instance having river layer above square symbols of species distributionā€¦). Would there be a way to control layer order in the images produced by the composer?
Many thanks in advance!

Hello Xavier. I was vaguely aware of this problem, though no one has ever contacted me about it. So I had a look at the code and it was fairly easy to provide a fix. So you will now see that version 3.3.2 is available. All you have to do is ensure that at least one of the temp layers is visible before you do the batch image generation. Then the temp layers will all be inserted in the layer stack at the position of that layer before the images are generated. I hope that enables you to produce the output that you need. It would be great if you could post an image here to show us the kind of thing you are doing with it!

Hello and many thanks for this update version 3.3.2! It made perfectly the job I was looking for. Regarding the use I have of the tool, itā€™s for a butterfly atlas. I am using a .csv file with the biological records (one line by species*grid cell), which include information for different time frames in column. Maps are at 5x5 km and represent the changes of distribution between two time periods. If a grid cell has at least two butterfly surveys in the two time periods, we assume it was surveyed enough to consider the change (colonisation or extinction) as probable/genuine (dark blue or dark orange). If the survey effort is less than 2 surveys in one of the two time periods, it is less confident to speak about a colonisation or extinction as there is a lack of survey effort. By this way, we display the changes observed through data collected, but highlight grid cells where there is a lack of surveys. We still need to find the appropriate words in the legend (possibleā€¦ probableā€¦genuineā€¦). Any comments are welcome, and thanks again for the version upgrade!

Thatā€™s great to see - a very attractive and informative map. Itā€™s lways very satisfying for me to see maps produced by others in ways that I have not envisaged. What part of the world is this?

Thanks, thatā€™s the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg.

1 Like